When cleaning homes and businesses, ServiceMaster TBS must maintain strict adherence to the OSHA standards to ensure that our employees are using cleaning chemicals safely. The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) creates regulations that specify how our Chemical Manufacturers label their products using a standard called the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). This classification system is being converted to a new and improved system and will be renamed to Safety Data Sheets (SDS). The conversion to this new system will be completed by June 1st 2015.
OSHA's new SDS has a number of improvements over the MSDS.
- Better consistency of hazard information
- Enhanced worker comprehension.
- Provide quicker access to important information.
- Mitigate costs and increase productivity.
- Increase compatibility throughout the global marketplace.
The major changes consist of
- Hazard classification
- Safety Data Sheets
- Information and training.
ServiceMaster TBS has followed and implemented the guidelines provided by OSHA to ensure that our janitorial services meet the requirement of the new standards.
To find the SDS for any ServiceMaster Cleaning product CLICK HERE