Just like you evaluate your employees once a year, it pays to evaluate your commercial cleaning services / janitorial services at least once a year, to ensure they are performing at or above your expectations.
Are you, your employees, and your clients happy with your current commercial cleaning company? If you don’t know, ask them. If you’re the facilities manager in charge of hiring the commercial cleaning company, you can create a survey or provide an anonymous tip box so that you know what is really going on and if things are as clean as they should be.
If you receive any of these complaints, give your current janitorial service a chance to correct the problem – sometimes issues are due to a new employee who may need further training. If you’ve relayed problems to the head of your commercial cleaning service and problems persist, it’s time to look elsewhere.
Granted, unless you have a janitorial person on-site 24/7, your employees do bear some responsibility for cleaning up after themselves. If there is a special issue that needs attention, you need to have someone in charge of notifying the commercial cleaning company.
1. Poorly maintained restrooms. This is by far the biggest complaint from employees and customers, and the biggest reason many of our customers switch to ServiceMaster PBM. Is the restroom well stocked with toilet paper, towels, and other essentials? Does the restroom smell fresh and sanitary? Are the toilets, stalls, floors, and sinks clean? Is the trash emptied before it overflows?
2. Inadequate dusting and glass cleaning. Nothing says “poorly maintained” like a dust buildup on windowsills, cubical walls, or the top of counters and cabinets, except maybe fingerprints all over your glass display cases and entry doors. Complete and thorough dusting and glass cleaning should be a fundamental part of every cleaning visit.
3. Stained and dirty carpets. Heavy traffic areas need special attention before stains and dirt are ground in permanently. Alert your commercial cleaning service of any spills. Regular carpet cleaning should be part of your commercial cleaning contract.
4. Overlooked trash cans. Have you ever come into work on a Monday morning to the smell of Friday’s lunch left in the trash can over the weekend? It’s important that EVERY trash can be emptied. Trash cans in cubicles, offices, break rooms, restrooms, at the loading dock, etc. all need to be emptied daily.
5. Slow or no response to reported problems. The reality is that most professional commercial cleaning services teams are human, and will occasionally miss a desktop or a trash can. But if you’ve reported a one-time issue or an ongoing problem and your commercial cleaning company is not taking care of the issue promptly, it’s time to shop around for a new service.
If you’re looking for a commercial cleaning service in the greater Baltimore area, ServiceMaster Clean PBM would love to hear from you. We can visit your location at your convenience to provide you with an itemized estimate for commercial cleaning and janitorial services. We offer daily, weekly, monthly and on-demand commercial cleaning services 24/7, depending on your needs.
To learn more about how ServiceMaster PBM can provide comprehensive commercial cleaning and janitorial services for your facility, please reach out to us by calling (410) 618-4527 or using our contact form, and someone will get back to you shortly. We serve industrial locations, food processing plants, healthcare locations, retail businesses, educational locations, office buildings, medical facilities, and more throughout Harford County, Baltimore County, and Baltimore City.