Medical Office Cleaning is Best Practice
Due to the nature of the healthcare industry, your facilities must receive the proper cleaning and disinfection services. If not, germs, bacteria, and viruses can easily spread through the environment and infect your patients, staff, or visitors.
To keep sickness from spreading, maintain a welcoming environment, and build your reputation in Carol Stream, it’s important that every aspect of your healthcare facilities get the same detailed clean and no areas are overlooked – including your medical offices.
At ServiceMaster Commercial Cleaning Services Carol Stream, we believe every healthcare facility should regularly have comprehensive office cleaning done. That’s why we offer thorough, professional office cleaning in our clients' facilities. After all, who can afford to take chances regarding the health of patients and staff?
Medical Office Cleaning is Often Overlooked
Unfortunately, while your exam rooms, bathrooms, and other patient-centered areas are cleaned daily, medical offices are often skipped in the daily routine and sometimes only cleaned weekly. Why? It’s often due to:
- Cost-cutting measures
- Not having enough staff
- Not being a patient zone
While they may seem valid at first, there’s not much room for leniency when it comes to keeping healthcare settings clean.
Why is Medical Office Cleaning Important?
When you include office cleaning in your facility’s janitorial cleaning, you can protect the health of your employees and customers by complying with industry-approved guidelines, as well as:
- Limit the Spread of Germs – Whether your offices are connected to a patient waiting room or in the middle of your hospital, regular office cleaning can limit the spread of germs in and around your facilities.
- Boost Morale – Not only will your staff benefit from the cleanliness of your office space, but the act alone can boost your staff’s morale, showing that you care about them and their well-being at work.
- Protect Your Appearance – Even if your offices aren’t in a patient zone or don’t see much foot traffic, it’s still a part of your medical facilities and should be treated as one. Regular cleaning can maintain its look, feel, and general reception.
At the end of the day, medical office cleaning is more than just ensuring things look good or keeping your staff healthy. Failing to keep your healthcare facility clean and comply with guidelines set forth by respected organizations like the CDC and OHSA can result in large fines and even the closure of your facilities!
How Often Should Medical Offices Be Cleaned?
With more germs than most places, your medical office shouldn’t be treated like any other office building. It’s best practice to have your medical offices cleaned daily.
Medical Office Cleaning Checklist
In a medical setting, it's important to keep germs under control. People come in and out from patients to visitors to staff, so there's a chance for cross-contamination with the outside world. A good office cleaning plan can help.
Here’s what should be on your medical office cleaning checklist:
Some of the most frequently touched surfaces in the office include light switches, elevator buttons, railing, doorknobs, counters, and hard-backed chairs. It’s important to make a list of your office’s high-touch surfaces and ensure they’re being cleaned properly with an EPA-registered disinfectant.
Even though nonporous surfaces may not have a lot of nooks and crannies for germs to hide, you should still clean them regularly. This includes steel, glass, plastic, laminate, wood, and more. You’ll want to ensure the right equipment and cleaners are used when cleaning your surfaces to avoid damage and disinfect effectively.
Medical offices are full of computers, keyboards, mouses, printers, phones, and more, all of which should be cleaned and disinfected regularly. Dust build-up can lead to respiratory conditions, while germs can spread illness.
Curtains, drapes, carpeted floors, and rugs are often found in medical offices, and all should be cleaned. Stains can be treated to restore worn carpets, while general cleaning will freshen things up.
Disinfectant is also commonly used with soft surfaces to remove any bacteria, germs, or even mold tracked in and trapped in the fibers of the carpet is eliminated.
ServiceMaster Commercial Cleaning Services Carol Stream’s Role in Cleaning Your Offices
Since we clean office buildings and medical facilities every, we’re in a unique position to deliver top-tier medical office cleaning services. We’ll take the stress out of medical office cleaning and ensure you have the following:
- High-quality cleaning services that leave behind a healthy and spotless environment.
- Comprehensive cleaning services for any medical setting, including doctor’s offices, hospitals, and more.
- Customized janitorial cleaning plans that’ll make sure every area of your facilities are professionally cleaned on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Access to a commercial cleaning company in Carol Stream that is available for annual deep cleanings, one-time cleaning and disinfection services, and more.
A clean medical office reflects your care and attention to detail. With the help of ServiceMaster Commercial Cleaning Services Carol Stream, you’ll have everything you need to worry less about cleaning your healthcare offices and focus on what matters most.
Contact us online to request your free commercial cleaning service quote!