COMMERCIAL FLOOR SERVICES
We all can agree that floors are one of the first things people notice when they walk into a building. Actually most people will base the cleanliness of the entire building on the appearance of the floors. Sounds crazy but think about it, if you were to walk into an office and noticed the floors were not swept and had noticeable soil build up, you would immediately think "this building is not very clean". This is the case for all types of flooring whether it is tile & grout, VCT or stained concrete. The floors have a big impression on the cleanliness of the overall building. That is why we offer floor cleaning and refinishing for all types of floors.
Request a free commercial floor cleaning quoteonline or call(740) 273-8468 to learn more!
Professional Image Starts with Professional Cleaning.
Vinyl composition tile is a finished flooring material used widely in commercial buildings built between 1950 and 1990. Although it is still being used today, there are several other types of flooring that people prefer because of the minimal maintenance that is required. However, VCT is still a great option for commercial buildings and if cleaned and maintained properly, keep a clean and shiny appearance year round. The key to VCT is setting and keeping a regular maintenance schedule. The finish that is applied to the VCT collects soils & wears down over time. That is when it needs to be scrubbed and a new layer (or two) of finish is applied. In addition to that the VCT needs to be completely stripped and 3-5 coats of new finish needs to be applied. This only needs done periodically depending on the traffic, quality of the finish and the status of the floor. We use only premium products and always make sure our clients are educated on what needs to be done and why.
Tile & Grout
Tile has become a popular flooring choice for offices, lobbies, hallways, restrooms and kitchens because of its durability. Unfortunately, high traffic gradually dulls the floors, and the grout becomes dark and unattractive with deeply embedded soils and dirt. And regular mopping doesn’t seem to help. That’s because grout is porous and absorbs the dirt and debris on it. Mopping only removes surface soil and not the embedded dirt that causes the grout to be unattractive.
ServiceMaster Clean® tile and grout experts use specialized, high-powered equipment to remove and extract the dirt and soil deep within, restoring your floors appearance to like-new condition.
Beyond just improving the appearance of tile and grout, professional cleaning by ServiceMaster Clean has several benefits:
- It can help extend the life of floors by removing debris that can weaken the tiles.
- It helps you avoid the expense and business interruption of completely replacing tile floors.
- We clean ceramic, porcelain, limestone and travertine tile and specialize in offices, lobbies, restrooms, kitchens, hallways and other tiled areas of a commercial property.
- Our sealing product helps maintain the cleaned grout for months and allows your maintenance cleaning to be more effective.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Step 1: A technician will conduct a preliminary inspection of your tiled areas
to determine the best cleaning method and identify heavily soiled and
Step 2: Spots and stains will be pre-sprayed using state-of-the-art cleaning products.
Step 3: The technician uses shielded high-pressure cleaning and extraction to remove dirt and ground-in soil. This cleaning method also provides a clean-water rinse and extracts excess water.
Step 4: Care is taken to clean near all corners and baseboards.
Step 5: All tiled areas are thoroughly dried.
Step 6: The technician seals all grout lines to preserve cleanliness and prevent long-term damage. (This service is optional.)
For a 300 square-foot area, cleaning generally takes 60 to 90 minutes. If you choose to have the grout sealed, we recommend waiting 24 hours after rinsing to apply sealer so the sealer will adhere properly. Grout sealing itself takes two to three hours. Time varies based on tile size, the amount of soil in the grout and room configuration.
Looking for reliable commercial floor cleaning services near you? Contact our team online or call(740) 273-8468 today!
TAKE A LOOK AT A FEW OF OUR MOST RECENT JOBS
Keeping beautiful tile floors beautiful
There are several steps your company or your cleaning contractor can take to preserve the cleanliness of your tile floors.
- Vacuum or sweep floors before mopping to remove as much dirt as possible, especially dirt that has settled into the grout.
- Mop tile regularly with a neutral cleaner. Rinse the mop in fresh water after mopping a small section. Then, remove excess water from the floors by mopping with a dry mop.
- Clean spills quickly to avoid staining floors.
- Avoid scratching and scraping your floors with actions like dragging chairs or furniture. Scratches and cracks in the floor easily capture dirt.
- Don’t use finish wax, ammonia-based cleaners or bleach that can damage floors.
Learn More About How We Can Handle All Your Janitorial Cleaning Responsibilities