Spring is a season for renewal. As the weather warms up, there’s no better time to freshen up your office building.
A clean workplace can help increase productivity and boost morale. Use this spring cleaning checklist to cover the most prominent areas of your office.
- Deep clean the problem spots. Carpeting, tile and hardwoods take the heaviest toll during the winter, when road salt, dirt and snow are tracked and ground in. These soils can cause permanent damage to surfaces and fixtures if left unattended.
- Improve your facility’s exterior. Put your best foot forward by freshening up your building’s exterior this spring. During winter, wood and cement work are particularly vulnerable to damage, especially around main entrances and areas with high foot traffic.
- Test the air conditioning system. Test your A/C systems well in advance of summer’s heat. Since cooling systems often go unused all winter, they are susceptible to dust and dirt buildup, which could lead to lower efficiency, unpleasant smells, increased allergens and even unit failure.
When to hire professionals
When it comes to cleaning, it’s OK for small business owners or facility managers to admit defeat when a task gets too big. If you’re faced with the following hurdles, hiring a professional cleaner may be necessary.
- Lack of time. A full-time job is enough in itself to keep you occupied. Add to it outside responsibilities, and it can deplete you of the time and energy necessary to complete office cleaning tasks.
- Frustration. If you’ve left a mess for too long, or just simply don’t know where to start on a complex project, never fear. Professional cleaners are skilled at addressing serious messes in the most efficient manner possible, with experience and perspective. Save yourself the time and money of a botched DIY floor waxing and leave big or complex jobs to the pros.
- Upcoming event. Hosting an open house or an event where you want to make a positive first impression on prospective clients? Schedule a one-time deep cleaning by professionals.
ServiceMaster Clean in a Wink is prepared to handle the toughest grime. For an estimate on carpet cleaning, floors or vent cleaning, contact our office at