Bar Cleaning Checklist & Template Download
As a manager or owner of a restaurant or bar, it’s your responsibility to create a clean, enjoyable environment for your customers. If your bar is starting to look a little dingy or disorganized, it may be time to update your cleaning requirements. Use this bar cleaning checklist from the professionals at ServiceMaster Clean to create the perfect task sheet and help keep your bar in quality condition.
Any establishment serving beverages and food must comply with local health codes and follow proper sanitation procedures. Keep these critical components in mind while you create your own bar cleaning checklist.
Categories to Include in a Bar Cleaning Checklist
Instead of creating a long list, divide your checklist into categories that must be completed during opening shifts, closing shifts and throughout the day. You can also create separate checklists with tasks that need to be completed weekly to ensure that every space is thoroughly cleaned.
Bar Opening Cleaning Checklist
- Clean shelves and refrigerators.
- Stock shelves, fridges and wells.
- Put dishes away.
- Wipe down the bar top and stools with sanitizer.
- Set up service bars with straws, picks, bar mats and other items.
- Cut and display garnishes, including limes, lemons, cherries and olives.
Bar Closing Cleaning Checklist
- Dispose of empty bottles and restock the wells.
- Wipe down all bottles with a sanitized rag.
- Throw out fresh mixers at the end of the night.
- Clean and sanitize taps.
- Clean, soak and sanitize soda dispenser nozzles.
- Clean floor drains.
- Wipe down and sanitize all table tops and the bar counter.
- Throw napkins, rags, aprons and other laundry into a bin.
- Break down your service bars and run containers, shakers and other items through the dishwasher.
- Wash all dirty dishes before leaving.
- Restock the refrigerator with drinks that need to be chilled for the next shift, including spirits, wine and beer.
- Sweep and mop the floor.
Throughout the day, you should also have employees perform some tasks regularly. These may include wiping down the bar with a clean wash rag and sanitizer in between customers, cleaning dishes or running dishes to the back of house, and taking out the trash regularly.
By creating a detailed cleaning checklist, each employee will know exactly which tasks they are responsible for throughout their shift. Print out copies of your new checklists and place them on clipboards behind the bar. That way, bartenders and other employees can check off tasks as they go and help ensure that your business looks as good as possible for your customers.
If you need help keeping your business clean, call on the experts at ServiceMaster Clean. Our hospitality cleaning services include floor cleaning, upholstery cleaning, project-based cleaning and more to make your bar or restaurant shine. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your business.