Cleaning After an Office Holiday Party: Checklist
Office holiday parties are a great way to bring the year to a close. While celebrating all the festivities with your favorite coworkers, you're able to relax and have fun without strictly discussing work-related subjects. Once the party ends, though, you may have a bit of a mess to clean up. Depending on how crazy the party gets, you can either handle the office clean-up yourself or hire professionals to take care of the post-party mess for you. If you prefer to clean up on your own, use this office cleaning checklist from the experts at ServiceMaster Clean.
Make cleaning even easier by using these strategic tricks before the party starts:
- Place large trash cans in common areas.
- Use mats to protect carpeting from stains.
- Use disposable tablecloths to quickly pick up any bits of food and throw it all out together after the party.
Office Cleaning Checklist
First, we recommend creating a committee responsible for cleaning up once the party ends. That way, no one person is responsible for taking care of the mess on his or her own. Or, if the office is small enough, have every member help pick up. Designate a few employees for particular tasks to put the office back in order as soon as possible.
- Pick up large pieces of trash. Going through the room with a large trash bag, grab items like paper plates, cups, party hats, and any other large disposable party items.
- Take down holiday decorations. Store the pieces you'd like to keep in a large container, and throw out all other decorations your company doesn't want to keep.
- Sanitize all surfaces. Use disinfectant and sanitizing wipes to clean tables, chairs, shelves and all other surfaces around the office.
- Spot clean stains and spills. If you notice any spills during the party, try to clean them right away. The faster you act, the more likely you can get rid of the stain before it permanently sets.
- Mop hard floor and tile areas. If your office has any tiled areas, especially in high-traffic areas, they can quickly become dirty during a party. Mop them up to make them sparkle again in no time.
- Vacuum carpets. Pick up all the smaller dirt and debris to make your carpets look good as new again.
- Clean the bathroom. If your office is responsible for caring for your own bathroom, be sure to deeply clean this area. Sanitize or disinfect toilets, doors, sinks and appliances. Then, refill toilet paper, paper towel rolls and soap dispensers so it's ready for theemployees’ return after the holiday break.
If your office party is going to be a huge event, consider bringing in professional cleaners to help get the job done quickly. The experts at ServiceMaster Clean have the right expertise and the proper equipment to thoroughly clean your office after the celebration and prep it for the New Year.
In fact, the end of the year is the perfect time to schedule a commercial deep carpet cleaning. That way, everyone can return to an office that looks fresh, feels clean and helps motivate everyone to have a great year. Visit ServiceMaster Clean online or give us a call at 844-319-5401 to learn more about our commercial janitorial services and how we can help keep your business clean today.