FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DISINFECTING, CLEANING AND SANITIZING?
- Disinfection and sanitization actually begin with thorough cleaning. Pathogens such as viruses and bacteria thrive in dirty environments, so effective disinfection or sanitization can’t occur unless surfaces are free of dust, dirt and grime. Sanitizing kills up to 99.9% of germs/pathogens reducing the risk of infection.
- Disinfecting is a step above sanitizing, killing up to 99.9999% of germs/pathogens on non-porous surfaces to reduce the risk of infection even further.
2. HOW DOES YOUR DISINFECTION PROCESS WORK?
- Our disinfection process involves cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas in your facility.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention )CDC0, the first step in the disinfection process is cleaning the surface to remove dirt, dust and debris.
3. HOW EFFECTIVE IS YOUR DISINFECTION METHOD?
- Our hands-on application method is more labor-intensive than some other methods, which makes it one of the most effective methods available.
- At ServiceMaster Clean, we are the experts in environmental services, and have been for over 65 years. Our teams have been thoroughly trained on the proper steps to clean and disinfect your facility.
4. WHAT GUIDELINES DO YOU FOLLOW?
- The products we use are on the EPA’s List N — the list of products that meet their criteria for use against emerging pathogens including SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Our teams use the recommended personal protective equipment )PPE0, abide by the directions on the product label and follow the proper hand hygiene protocols.
5. WHAT QUESTIONS SHOULD I CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING THE RIGHT DISINFECTING SERVICE PROVIDER?
- Is their treatment method in line with CDC and EPA guidelines and recommendations?
- Have their service professionals been trained on this service?
- Are they using the proper PPE when performing the service?
- Are they a trusted commercial service provider?